You have probably been out driving around Houston, and have seen the signs scattered at intersections that say things like “We Buy Houses Fast” or “I Buy Houses For Cash“. You probably wonder – who is saying this, and are they trying to scam me? In the article today, we will the questions, are we buy houses in Houston companies credible, and how can you tell?
So how do I know which house buying companies are legitimate?
Unfortunately, at a glance, many of them will look the same.
People with businesses that buy and sell houses can have a respectable profession. Many times, they are helping people who want, or need, to sell their home quickly for one reason or another. However, just like in every line of work – a small amount of homebuyers in the market are the ones who make the rest of us look bad. There are businesses and individuals who are kind, trustworthy people, who improve neighborhoods. Then there are dishonest, unethical people who put money ahead of the best interests of the the people they work with, and try to trick them into giving away their home for nothing.
Yes, they are out there.
We will try to help you avoid these types of house buyers so you can work with ethical, and reputable local companies.
But let’s not focus on the negative just yet. First, let’s what the best house buyers are doing.
How Legitimate Houston Home Buyers Work
- They help people improve their lives by getting money they need right away. People usually need cash for their house to cover unexpected medical expenses, or to relocate to be close to a relative.
- Help home sellers get rid of a troublesome property. Allowing a quick sale, instead of having to list it with a real estate agent and wait month for a sale.
- Create local Houston jobs. We hire professionals around the area like plumbers, contractors, electricians, title reps, loan officers, and many others. The average real estate transaction involves 86 people along the way! Our business helps create jobs for people around Houston TX.
- Improving the value of Greater Houston neighborhoods. When we fix up a house, we’re adding to the value of the entire community. We will repair vacant and neglected houses, and turn them into beautiful homes that families love.
Most people believe that house-flipping is a get-rich-quick scheme. That’s driven by “reality” shows that amp up the dramatic effect. Most of our work is coordinating with lots of people to make sure things are happening on time. Not really the fun stuff that is shown on HGTV.
So, how can you find out if someone is a credible investor, and not trying to pull a house buying scam.
Ways To Know You’re Working With A Quality Local Home Buyer
When you speak to a local TX home buyer to possibly buy your property… ask them some of the questions below to ensure they’re reputable and knowledgeable.
First, you should ask questions like:
- How do you help the people you work with?
- Can you tell me about your services?
- What part of your business are you most proud of?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I trust that we will close on my house when you say we will?
Second, look for the signs of tactics that the dishonest operators will normally use:
- Using “Kitchen table closings” – If a home property buyer tries to get you to sign the deed (ownership) of your house at your property, rather than a title company, don’t trust them. All legitimate home buying services will have the closing of the sale at a title company. This is a neutral site, and is done by attorneys to ensure everything is done right, and on the up and up.
- Trying to pressure you into a fast closing – If a home buyer tries to pressure you, or make you feel like you have to sell immediately, you should be cautious. Most reputable house buying services will make you an offer and that offer will be on the table for at least 2-7 days (minimum) for you to make a decision, and not say it has to be done today. The reason reputable home buying services like ours at Brilliant Day Homes place deadlines on our offers is because the market changes and values can change depending on other sales in the area. We also purchase other houses, and when we make you an offer we’re assuring you that the cash to purchase your property is ready and we can close on time.
Sell My House Fast in Houston
Most people trying to scam you are looking for a quick easy score, and not an in-depth interview. Chances are good that they’ll find excuses to get off the phone and move on to someone who doesn’t ask too many questions.
Real investors who operate honest and ethical Houston home buying services, however, are building long-term businesses based on relationships and community improvement.
So when you’re looking at one of the “We Buy Houses in Houston companies“… don’t be afraid to ask questions! Call us if you want to sell your house in Texas.